It was admittedly, at my mother’s behest that I think of a Thanksgiving side dish for
this year’s festivities. My natural inclination was to say no and return to bed and
Netflix my way through the day.
But then I got hungry and saw that we had an unnatural assortment of ingredients,
ripe for preparing the perfect and probably best brussels sprouts side dish you’ll
5 Slices of Bacon
1 Pound of Brussels Sprouts
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
I have a very Ron Swanson attitude towards bacon. In that, it should be added to
most things and is really just nature’s flavoring. “Give me all the bacon”, please.PETA would probably be very disappointed in me.
Certainly never hurt a few vegetables.
1. Fry up slices of bacon in pan. Set aside and pat dry.
2. Put brussels sprouts in bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and a bit of the
bacon fat left over from the pan. Add the parmesan cheese and stir together.
3. Put foil on a pan and spread out the brussels sprouts mixture and pop in to the
oven for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
4. Cut up the bacon slices in to pieces in the mean time.
5. Once the brussels sprouts are done cooking, add the bacon and stir together.
6. Add a couple of splashes of balsamic vinegar, another dash of salt and a few
pinches of parmesan cheese. Toss, so everything is well mixed together.
Lady Sybille was rather unamused for this whole process, instead, giving me this look
the whole time and anxiously waiting for a strip of bacon to find it’s way to the floor.
But we can’t all be winners here!